Football takes on Lakes Community High School

Back to Article
Back to Article

Last Friday night, September 20, the varsity football team went against Lakes Community High School.

The game started out with the superfans running into the student section, wearing jerseys of all types for the night’s theme. The classmates filled the student section quickly.

The first half of the game came to an end quickly, the varsity team called a timeout 2 seconds before half time began, attempting to gain an advantage for the remaining half, though they were not able to succeed much with that. Halftime started with the score remaining at 7 to 7 tying Lakes and North. 

“I think they did pretty well the first half,” said freshman football player Charlie Pritchard.

Varsity players and the stands watched as the band performed during halftime. And as it came to an end, superfans began hyping up the crowd in preparation for the second half of the game.

The second half of the game ended with a score of 20 to 7, with Lakes claiming the win.

“If we lose and it’s everyone’s fault, I don’t say anything, but if it’s offense’s fault, I get upset and work harder,” said varsity and JV football player sophomore Josh Real.

Many find the loss as motivation to work harder and inspire others to do so. 

“For most people, it wouldn’t bother them that much. I just tend to have a little more school spirit than most people so it really [upsets] me when we lose,” said superfan senior Ralf Landmesser.