March club briefs

Debate Team: The Debate Team ended strong with Shivali Chingre earning a third place speaker award in her chamber at the last tournament of the season in February. Team members took home awards at each of the last three tournaments this season. They plan to continue building from this year with the D127 Summer Debate Camp for current and prospective members in early June.
Anime Club: Chibi Japan Anime went on their annual field trip to the Anime Milwaukee Convention on February 16. They will be selling Pocky, frozen mochi, green tea, and other Japanese treats at various times throughout the rest of the year, so watch for Anime Club students and for the table at Taste of North.
Snowball: Snowball will be selling butterbraids and cookies from February 22 until March 15 for the spring retreat which is being held in April. Any and all are welcome on the spring retreat. Anyone interested can contact Mary Prange or Nikki Kirchway.
Latinos Stand Up: Latinos Stand Up will be attending a Pachanga, or leadership gathering of Latino clubs from area schools, on February 22 at Buffalo Grove High School. The club is open to all students at GNHS of any ethnicity, but the club does center around celebrating Latino culture.
Pen and Paper: Pen and Paper Literary Magazine is hosting a Spring Open Mic Night on Friday, April 5 at 6:30 p.m. in B162. All poets, authors, and songwriters are encouraged to perform, and everyone is welcome to come and listen.
National Honor Society: So far the members of NHS have volunteered for 5292 hours and are continuing to make a difference in the community. Letters were sent out to sophomore and junior students who have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.4 inviting them to apply to NHS. For all eligible students, applications are due in the main office no later than Friday, March 15 at 3:10 p.m. More information can be found on the GNHS NHS website.