Filed under Club Briefs

February Club Briefs 2019

Latinos Stand Up: LSU will have their annual soccer tournament in the field house on 2/14 at 6:30 p.m. All North students and teachers are invited. On February 22, Latinos Stand Up will travel to Buffalo Grove High School for a Pachanga: leadership activities, dinner, and dance.

Science Olympiad: The team came in fourth place at their first invitational of the season. This competition was held at Conant High School on December 1, 2018. They are actively preparing for their next invitational that will take place on February 23, 2019, at Loyola Academy.

Family and Consumer Sciences: The FCS club is meeting on Mondays in C223 after school until 4:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend, and no previous culinary classes are needed to attend. If you love to eat, cook or bake, we’d love to have you a part of our club.

Green Room: They just started rehearsals for the upcoming Spring Musical ‘Fame.’ They will be working on that from now until mid-March.
National Honor Society: Members of NHS have volunteered for 5292 hours and are continuing to make a difference in the community. Letters were sent out to sophomore and junior students who have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.4 inviting them to apply to the GNHS chapter of NHS. For all eligible students, applications are due in the main office no later than Friday, March 15 at 3:10 p.m. More information can be found on the GNHS NHS website.

Prom and Prom Planning: This year Prom is on the Odyssey Cruise Ship off Navy Pier on Saturday, May 4. Tickets will go on sale in April. Cost is $115/ticket.
Any student interested in getting on a payment plan to ease the cost of the tickets in April can see Mrs. Grunloh or Mrs. Sokolowski. Next prom planning meeting is Thursday, January 31 at 7:30 a.m. in A308. They will be discussing colors and theme. Any junior or senior is welcome. See Mrs. Grunloh or Mrs. Sokolowski for more information.