Filed under Club Briefs

February Club Briefs

VOICES: VOICES will send a compliment card with a piece of chocolate to a friend. For sale across from the cafeteria during lunches Tuesday, February 21 and Wednesday, February 22 for $1. Cards will be delivered Thursday, February 23rd.

LSU: Latinos Stand Up will participate in the meeting for Spanish-speaking families, Noche Familiar, on February 2nd.  Families from North, Central, and Grayslake Middle School will come together for food, music and games in the North Library from 6:30 to 8:00. Latinos Stand Up will sponsor a soccer tournament in the field house on February 16th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.  Each team of 4 (girls, boys, teachers, staff) pays a $12 entry fee.  There will be three round-robin rounds and then the semi-finals and finals.  The winners will receive T-shirts.  Any District 127 students can compete and families and friends are welcome as spectators.

Chibi Japan: Chibi Japan will take/took a field trip to Anime Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s largest Anime convention, in Milwaukee on February 18th. This convention is sponsored by ECPS, the Japanese Language Department of UW-Milwaukee, and the Consulate General of Japan at Chicago.Students will be/were able to shop for manga, anime and cosplay materials, try new video games, play Japanese games, and watch cosplay performances (including a live “Cosplay Combat Chess” match).

Theatre: The musical Songs for a New World is in full swing. Set is up, crew is working hard to make this a technically interesting show. Students wrote out scenes to add to the show’s storyline. The cast has been learning songs and dances to make this unique show come to life. Ticket sales will be live soon for our shows March 10, 11, 12 and 16, 17, and 18.

LINK Crew: Link Crew is going to be starting to think about next year with beginning our interview process. Sophomores and Juniors should be on the lookout for information if they are interested in being a part of it.

Debate Team: The Debate Team is preparing for the state tournament in late February. We hope to have a strong showing as many of our younger members get ready to compete at the varsity level all next year.