Filed under Club Briefs

Clubs Uknight October

Table Tennis: Everyone is  invited to play ping pong after school on Wednesdays at 3:30 in the C hallway.

Literary Magazine: Pen and Paper: They are hosting Coffee House early this year! Coffee House will be held on Saturday, Nov. 4 at 4:30 p.m. Students can pick up submission forms outside the English Office, or they can check their English teacher’s Schoology page for an online version. Students are welcome to perform any creative form of self-expression  – whether it’s short story- writing, poetry, or music – during the open-mic session. They can also submit their writing, photography, or artwork to the gallery walk following the performances. Tickets will be on sale outside the cafeteria starting on Tuesday, Oct. 31.

Environmental Club: Students have been busy collecting recycling and volunteering at Grant Woods Forest Preserve.  Their next big event will be the Highway Cleanup scheduled for Nov. 4 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.  See Mrs. Busse or Mrs. Saunders for more information and permission slips.  E Club welcomes any and all students who would like to make the school more eco-friendly. They have regular meetings on Tuesdays in room A223.

Food and Consumer Science: They are meeting on Monday mornings from now until the end of the semester from 7:00-7:45 a.m. in the culinary labs.  Anyone who loves to cook or eat is more than welcome to join.  Please see Miss T. or Mrs. Plaza for more details.

Latinos Stand Up: Students went to the National Museum of Mexican Art in Chicago on Oct. 22 and went to Avon School for Red Ribbon Week on Oct. 27.  They will also have a combined Central/North Latino Dance at Central on Nov. 3, and on Nov. 8 before school they plan to go to Avon again to interact with the bilingual class.

Outdoor Adventure Club: Students went to Richardson’s Corn Maze on Oct. 26 and will be paintballing on Wednesday Nov. 22.  See Coach Wolter or Coach Hansen for any questions.

Tri-M: Tri-M hosts Arts Café on the following dates: Oct. 31 with a Halloween theme, Nov. 1, Nov. 17, and Dec. 8. Music starts at 7:15 a.m.

Special Olympics: Special Olympics has just started their basketball season. They will be running a skills program and a competitive program. They are especially looking forward to their practice on Thursday, November 9, because the varsity girls basketball team will be running their practice. The competitive team’s first game is Nov. 14 at 6 p.m. at Wauconda High School.

Debate Team: They competed in two tournaments over this past weekend. They hosted some of the other NLCC schools here at North and also participated in a large tournament at Jacobs High School. At NLCC on Friday Patrick Kilcullen won a Best Speaker award, and Abby Hsiao won a Second Place Speaker award on Saturday.

National Honor Society: NHS  is currently working hard organizing Mr. GNHS which will take place in the Black Box on Nov. 3 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets will be on sale in front of the cafeteria for seniors starting Monday, Oct. 30, and for underclassmen the following day.

To submit a club brief, email