Filed under Club Briefs

December Club Briefs

Psychology Club: Psychology Club is once again hosting No Stress Fest from December 5th to December 9th. Come join us in C105 as we de-stress before finals.

Monday-Art Day

Tuesday-Game Day

Wednesday-Movie Day

Thursday-Therapy Dogs

Friday-Café Day

Psychology Club would like to remind you of the study tips featured in our film “The One with the Finals”.

1.      Get good nutrition and sleep!
  2.      Distributed Study: Study for shorter periods of time over more days. Don’t cram the night before.
  3.      Serial Position Effect: study the content from the middle of the semester first when studying for finals because we tend to remember the information from the beginning and end of a semester best.
  4.      Group Study: It helps to talk through concepts with classmates. Create a study group for each of your classes.

Environmental Club: Environmental Club has been continuing to meet and collect the recycling around the school every Tuesday.  Sponsors and members have also been volunteering their time doing various events.  On November 19th, Mrs. Saunders and Tyrell To participated in a work day at Grant Woods Forest Preserve.  They helped to remove Buckthorn, an invasive species, from the grounds.  Club members have also been selling pizza to raise funds for a school improvement project.  We are always accepting new members.  If interested, contact Mrs. Heupel or Mrs. Saunders for more details!

Table Tennis Club: The club just had its first meet of the season November 29th against Loyola and Maine East High Schools.  We have a great group of boys that are really excited to outperform last season’s results.  Currently the top 8 in the school in order are Matt Brown, Matt Pawlowski, Bryce Boyd, Adam Baker, Andrew Weigel, Micah Herrington, Tarun Suresh, and Justin Goers.  Come out and join us for our next meeting, we are always looking for new members!

LSU: In October LSU members attended a Pachanga at Buffalo Grove High School where they took part in a Breakout EDU challenge, a dinner and a dance with Latino students from several other schools. In November the club took a field trip to the National Museum of Mexican Art, with lunch and a walking tour in Pilsen. In December LSU worked on planning and advertising the annual Latin Winter Dance, which was hosted by North this year on December 9th (next year SdL will host it at Central).

Spring Musical: For the musical, Songs for a New World, we will be hosting a dance workshop on Saturday Dec 3 in preparation for the upcoming auditions Wednesday Dec 7. We will begin rehearsals and writing additional scenes at the start of second semester. It is a different type of show that doesn’t have standard character roles, the cast is more of an ensemble telling a story through vignettes so we are hopeful for a large company.

National Honors Society: NHS is hosting Mr. GNHS on February 23rd in the Black Box. For interested contestants, please see Ashley Rayan.

FCS: Our club is still meeting every other Tuesday. Please check the schedule outside of the foods room if you are interested in joining!

OAC: The OAC club just had it’s November event which included a 5 hour paintball trip! Coming soon, will be our annual ski and snowboarding trips! So, stay tuned for more details, dates and times.

Debate Team: Debate Team won three trophies at our October and November tournaments. We are hoping to keep the streak going at the Elk Grove tournament on December 10th.

Green Room: Green Room is currently working on our Student Showcase.  It opens on Dec 1-3.

Chibi Japan: Chibi Japan held their annual Halloween Cosplay Party in October, and has been working on plans to create a club-written manga.